Sunday, April 30, 2006

Ann Tyler's New Book

I was going to write a weepy, sentimental retrospective in celebration of my youngest's daughter's arrival day from Korea seven years ago today. I promise, it would have made you go running for the Puffs box.

However, in today's Washington Post Book World, there's a review of Ann Tyler's new book, Digging to America. A story of two families living in Baltimore who meet while awaiting the arrival of their new Korean-born baby daughters. The kicker is that one of families are Iranian-Americans.

Here's the review.
Here's the first few chapters.

I haven't read Ann Tyler (*I'm more of a non-fiction kind of gal - ask me about The Great Influenza, a totally spectacular read about the 1918 flu pandemic.*), but now I just might.

If you're an Ann Tyler fan, I'd love your contribution on this thread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read Tyler's book Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant (? - it's been a while so I may have the title wrong). I liked the book - I would consider her a good writer. I'll have to keep my eye out for this book.