Monday, May 08, 2006

My homegrown baby turns 14

How did it happen that my first born beauty turns 14 today? Of course that makes me, um, somewhat older.

For perspective, my eldest daughter was entering kindergarten when we began the adoption process in 1997. She's getting ready for high school this fall.

Okay, maybe I've grown a little more older than "somewhat." I'm easy to spot, tho. I'm the mom -- feeling nostalgic who sniffled and choked down my high-fiber, oaty-fruity-flaxy, tastes-like-twigs cereal this morning, hoping regularity will keep me going strong for the day I'll be writing about my youngest daughter turning 14 ... and that's just 7 years away.

:: sniff ::

1 comment:

Jill said...

Mazel tov! Our biological son is 2 and we are in the process of Korean adoption. It doesn't take much for me to get choked up on the passing of time. I love your blog and get a lot from it!